Monday, November 23, 2009

Another Weekend in Paris....hoohummm...






There is always something to look forward to. Sometimes they are planned activities with new friends, other times they are spontaneous walks around town. This past weekend, on Friday went over to Bastille with a friend, but when everyone looked one-third our age, we decided not to go into any of the dance places. Most of them start after my bedtime, anytime. We stopped for a couple of drinks at a cafe and enjoyed girl-talk.
Saturday, I meandered for five hours all over the 1,2,3 arrondissments. Found a few passages, where creative marketeers started the idea of in-door shopping in the 19th century (Photo). Then found wonderful and interesting rues and lovely buildings (photos). I haven't spoken much of the buildings, but they are (of course)just fabulous. I will be doing a photo compiliation soon and show you more of my favorite buildings. At the Palais Royal jardin I met four lads from London and when I asked them for a photo (of them) they suggested I get one of me with them and quickly hoisted me up (photo). It was a fun, spontaneous moment, and I was sorry I couldn't go with them to the rugby game they had invited me too. Three were professional soccer players and one was a hockey player, all, as I said, from London. I met friends for dinner in Montmarte near the Moulin Rouge (photo) on Saturday night (Paul and Claire) and on Sunday started the packing process. I met a new friend for dinner in the Latin quartier on Sunday night. Before I take off today for some more walking experiences, I thought I would share some photos.

Word for the day Walk = Promenade

2 comments:

  1. How fun to see you elevated by the four fun young men. You have such a tickled look of surprise on your face. Glad life in Paris continues to bring you wonder and unexpected moments.
    Love, Meggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was a spontaneous moment. These seem to happen much,much more in Paris than San Diego. I think most visitors feel very happy here. Me, too! xo Tasha

    ReplyDelete