Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's Automne!






"Blue skies, sunshine what a day for taking a walk in the park": I can almost hear Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis singing that song today. As I shuffled my feet like a seven year old through piles of multi-colored leafs I was humming it. So where was I? Well I could have been in any parc in Paris; actually all of Paris is dressed in the colors of autumn. Well, today, Wednesday (Mercredi) I went out for the first time with a walking group. About half were English based and half French. People from around the world: Interesting, receptive and active. This is what travel promotes; meeting other people with like interests. Makes it so much fun.
We departed from the 15th (my arrondissment) and took off for a 2 l/2 hour saunter through Parc Andre Citroen, Parc Departmental de Ile St Germain and Parc de St Cloud. It was a lovely, brisk fall day. Here are some photos to remember Automne in Paris. The change of seasons can be fantastic. More photos to prove that statement coming up! San Diego can not compete with autome in France.

Word for the day: Autumn Automne

No comments:

Post a Comment