Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Favorite: The Eiffel Tower








Monday I had my second private tour with a French woman, Martine, who is kind enough to give me these tours for free. She really is a scholar, has a great sense of humor and is eager to share her knowledge. I only wished I had advantaged myself of her offer a month ago. She is so filled with details on all of Paris. Last Friday she took me and another lady from New Zealand(via Iran), Shahla, on a tour of the Marais. On Monday we all went to Montmarte (photo) and visited the oldest church in Paris: St. Pierre (dating before Notre Dame).

Along the way I started talking to this French lady (photo)and we found out she used to be a dancer in private salons. Her photo is precious. She has on netted stockings and ballet shoes (or something close to it!) and her attire was festive. Very, what I call "Character French". She says she dresses up to lift her mood (don't we all). We tried to envision her life a few decades ago: fascinating.

Later that night I met my new friend, Shahla, the lady who took the tours with me, and we meet at the Eiffel Tower and walked over to Trocadero for a drink. She and I are supposed to go back to a night club in Montmartre Friday evening. It should be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Tash -- I'm so glad you continue to create many new opportunities to enjoy Paris. It was a good choice to go back--and to share your many interesting experiences with the rest of us. Love, Meg

    ReplyDelete