Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Paris Riveria: Paris Plages






My sister, Mary Kay, needed not have worried that I would miss the annual Paris Plages (beaches). I looked forward to seeing this seasonal aspect of Paris for some time. There are three temporary "beaches" in Paris. They say they have loaded tons of sand but I didn't notice much other than some sand boxes for the children to play in.

Actually, these are ideal for family with loads of activities for the children. In my neighborhood (photo) at the canal they have kayaking, row boats, and big, inflatable cylinders that the children roll around in on the water. They put up rows of colorful, little beach town "houses", chairs, umbrellas etc. They sell drinks, ice cream, have music and dancing. The Plages on the Seine has an above ground swimming pool for the children (although there is no boating on the Seine). There also are trampolines, arts and crafts for the kiddies and lots of other stuff.

I went down today to take a look (at the one on the Seine)and miraculously found a big bean bag type of chair under a nice shade tree to relax in. A nearby French lady was happy to take a photo. And, of course, it abounds with Paris' beautiful children (photo). I am meeting friends there on Friday and we are spending the day (with lots of suntan lotion) at our plages (beach).

No comments:

Post a Comment